They are known for their thick silk, motifs and gold fabric. Because of the prestige which comes wearing these outfits, a lot of individuals wear them only during festivals and important occasions.
- Actual zari: They are thought to be the first, real Kanchipuram sarees. They are made from three silk threads. There are both complex and simple sarees at which the most elaborate price up to 100,000 rupees.
- Textile zari: They are lightweight and come in a wide range of appealing colours and designs. The cool thing with them is they aren’t as expensive as pure zari so you are able to afford them. According to specialists, you can find a fantastic quality textile zari for as low as 2,000 rupees. While the outfits are cheap, their primary flaw is they turn black over time since they are not pure.
- Polyester/silk mix: they resemble the first silk sarees; however, they Are much lighter and more economical. They are made from pure silk, but only 1 thread is used.
How to Recognize a Kanchipuram saree?
- Zari border: The zari border is made of a silk and silver thread. The weaver Twists together both of these threads and drops them in pure gold forming a zari border that is only specific with Kanchipuram silk sarees.
- Thread colour: A pure cotton silk saree is made of a red silk thread. You should Pull a thread from the outfit and determine its colour. If the colour is not red, you should not purchase the outfit.
- Cost: Quality comes at a cost; Consequently, if you come across a saree that is Being sold at a low price you should be cautious. When buying you ought to keep in mind that even the most basic Kanchipuram saree goes to get a cost above 8,000 rupees.
Kanchipuram sarees are great to have; however, you need to make sure that You purchase the perfect ones. As guideline you do your research and make certain you purchase from a reputable shop. Dark colored versions are terrific for thick built women. To the contrary, oversize women need to steer clear of frills and pleats because these will only give them a milder look. Heavy and glossy materials aren’t good. Last, silk sarees are the ideal answer to each oversized lady’s needs.